Sunday, December 30, 2012

First Time Ever

For the first time I can ever recall...I have not gained weight during the holiday season. Its like some kind of miracle in mind. Now mind you, I have not lost weight, but maintained. I still consider it miraculous. I could not have done this without my sleeve. It is truly the best thing I have done for myself.

My insurance has, and has always had (for the last 10.5 years I have it) an exclusion for weight loss surgery. I was a self pay patient. I looked at going to Mexico, but I could just not make myself comfortable with the idea of having surgery in another country. Just so happens that I received a raise with the place I am employed for working there for 10 years at the time I was contemplating surgery. I worked the numbers and I could afford a surgery payment with the new raise. I paid $14K to have my stomach butchered like Frankenstein. Like I said before, best decision I have ever made.

I am new to blogging and getting myself around this, but I am going to start trying. I wish I would've started at the beginning of my weight loss journey, but I guess better late than never.....

No comments:

Post a Comment